Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Trying to use paper-backed denim

I went and pasted some paper to a scrap of denim today to see how it worked out

It's got potential! But... I think next time I need to use a sturdier backing paper, this sketchpaper was way too flimsy.

It's also really tricky to make precise slits and cuts in the denim itself even with a sharp knife and pressing it goddamn HARD. Look at that ragged slit there, that's no good. This model is gonna go to my kids or something, I can't sell that.
And another thing... If I want to make softcover denim books I have to figure out something to do with that edge. Fraying covers are no good... I either need to make them extra large, fold them over, and paste it down, or I need to hem/trim them with something before I paste them to the paper.

It's not a bad first try though! It feels good to be trying new things again.

oh also hey look it's my face

dealing with my camera software was too much trouble so i just snapped with the webcam because hahahaha what's professionalism

welcome back to the new, much more informal Binding Made Complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment